A beautiful glassy day, no wind and a good swell. This guy has a long ride ahead of him. Just the beach and those trees in the distance. But wait those aren't trees they're oil rigs!
Black and white photograph of surfer on wooden surfboard in Huntington Beach California with oil rigs in the background circa 1930. Wood boards such as this one were initially made of redwood prior to the introduction of the lighter balsa wood surfboards. Surfboard owners would often store their boards close to the beachfront as the size (12-14 feet) and weight of the wooden boards made them difficult to transport. This photo was taken long before Huntington Beach was coined Surf City USA, yet as this image displays it was already a favorite surfing destination.
- Contemporary print of vintage photo from the Surfing Cowboys archive
- Professionally printed on acid-free, archival paper
- Framed in white wood and off white mat, ready to hang.
- Photo Paper Size: 35.75" W x 23.75" H
- Frame Size 42.75" W x 31" H
- Additional order sizes available
Complementary pick up at our Malibu store or please contact us for a shipping / delivery quote.