Redwood Burl Table Lamp, California, 1970s. During the 1960s and 1970s lamps such as this one signaled the laid back sophistication that has come to be known as California Style. Natural beauty, that to the masses of the time would have looked like nothing more then a hunk of wood with a pipe through it - was appreciated by a small slice of design aficionados who embraced every opportunity to make a statement as they turned from gold and silver jewelry to brass, and formal design fixtures of the past to one as radical as this was when it was first introduced.
Prized for its beautiful grain patterns and rarity, redwood burl is highly sought after. This exemplary piece is fascinating in its natural form and this lamp offers a great way to bring the outdoors in. This lamp is a functional piece of art and a definite conversation piece.
- Majestic, solid wood base is in very good original vintage condition.
- Custom lamp shade is in very good condition.
- Metal fittings show light tarnishing as demonstrated in photos.
- Dimensions: 31 inches high x 17.5 inches wide x 13 inches deep.
- Made in California, circa 1970
Please contact us for a shipping quote.