Original painting by Donald (Don) Schweikert. Schweikert was a prolific artist who worked across multiple mediums and exhibited widely. Painting is comprised of layers of paper fitted together like a collage with the painting itself also using layers of color, texture and weights in it's artistry. Some wear is visible on outside edges, otherwise very good original condition, ready for framing. Measures 13.75 inches wide x 11 inches high x .25 inches deep
- 1950 to 1959, Don won scholarships and attended Cleveland Art Institute, Art Students League New York, Chicago Art Institute, Chounard Art School, Los Angeles.
- 1953 and 1971, Don won art awards from the Cleveland Press, Phyllis Wheatley Award, Artists Guild-Chicago, Louisiana Annual, Tucson Festival Art Show, California Water Color Society, California State Fair, Westwood Art Association, Pico Riviera Art Festival, Laguna Beach Art Festival and the Westside Jewish Community Center.
- 1954 and 1972, Don had exhibition of his art at Gallery A-Chicago, Heritage Gallery- California, Bela Bognar Galleria- La Cienega, Thomas Crowe Gallery, Canyon Gallery- Topanga, Cleveland Museum, Butler Art Institute, Museum of Fine Arts- Houston, Frye Museum National Oil Show- Seattle, Rossmoor Center Festival of Arts, El Paso Museum of Art- Texas, Otis Art Institute, Winged Arts- Sedona, Gallery A- Taos, University of Judaism- California,
- Don received many commissions including Playboy Magazine, James Arness and Capitol Records.
- 1976 and 1999, Don worked with Filmation, Warner Bros., Columbia Tri-Star, Disney, Saban and Gaumont Multimedia.